Monday 20 March 2017

Transforming And Getting Stronger

This year I have set myself the goal of finishing the year physically stronger than I started it. (I failed last year so am even more determined this year!). Why am I doing this you may ask? Well, if I’m honest I faced the fact that I’m not getting any younger and if I want to continue to do all that I do, and more, in to the future then I need to make sure I am healthy enough and fit enough to do so. Who knows what the future brings, but whatever it does bring I want to be ready and strong enough to take it on…

And this is the very same reason we are making some administrative changes to the organisation of Beyond Ourselves this year as well. We started out life as a small family trust, but if we want to be ready for whatever the future holds, then we want to make sure we’re strong enough to handle it.

I am delighted that we are moving the governance of Beyond Ourselves to ‘Above + Beyond’, a new charitable trust housing several community transformation projects locally in the UK and overseas. This will enable us as a project to share and centralise some of the key ‘back office’ administrative and governance tasks required for running a growing charity. It also provides longevity to the project, no longer reliant on a few people but a wider board and group of people carrying the vision of Beyond Ourselves into the future.

We will continue to operate as ‘Beyond Ourselves’ and there won’t be any changes to the Beyond Ourselves team, who are just as passionate as they have ever been to see individuals empowered and communities transformed in Zambia. In fact, the changes enable the team to focus more on delivering the project and developing strategies for the future, rather than getting weighed down by admin. (Hooray!)

It is also my pleasure to be the Director of Above + Beyond as we develop the charity and transition Beyond Ourselves in to it.

Here is a letter from Ian Theodoreson - the Chair of Trustees at Above + Beyond:

Letter To Beyond Ourselves Supporters

                         

No comments:

Post a Comment