Thursday 7 January 2016

We Have A Visitor - Meet Elizabeth!

We hope you had a wonderful Christmas and a happy New Year!

This year will be another exciting one. We have several new projects we’ll be working on whilst continuing training and mentoring teachers and leadership staff at the schools, daily school meals feeding nearly 1000 children, visiting and encouraging vulnerable families and hosting several teams and visitors who add into the work we do here (just to name a few!)

And one of these visitors has already arrived! We have a new gap year girl (gapette!) who has just arrived in Zambia and will be with us for the next few months. Meet Elizabeth!

                            

Elizabeth will be contributing in the day to day workings of Beyond Ourselves and will be specifically helping those pupils who are less able in literacy and maths, giving them a much needed boost.

We asked Elizabeth a few questions and here’s what she said…

Who are you?

I’m Elizabeth Flynn. I've just finished my A-Levels at Forest School and I’m currently on my Gap Year before I hopefully head off to Uni next year!

Why did you want to come to Zambia and work with Beyond Ourselves?

When I was looking for something to do during my Gap Year I heard about the Gap programme they have here to do three months in Zambia and help out. I’m really interested in seeing how other people live their lives all over the world and combining that with liking what the Beyond Ourselves team are doing out here it wasn’t too hard to decide this was what I wanted to spend my time doing. I also really wanted to come to Zambia to experience another way of life compared to my own back home.

What are you looking forward to doing here?

I’m really looking forward to getting involved with the schools and being with the children and
seeing how they learn in different environments. I’m also looking forward to getting to know the rest
of the Beyond Ourselves team and spending time with them and helping out where I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment