Thursday 6 August 2015

Clean water for all three schools in Zambia!

'Tis the season for holidays and most of the Beyond Ourselves team are enjoying some time off over August - resting and relaxing, rejuvenating and refreshing!

It's HOT where I am today, kind of steamy hot, and so I am drinking glasses and glasses of bottled water to stay hydrated. And as I have sat drinking my clean, cool water I am so thankful for it!

And it has reminded me how grateful I am that over these past 18 months or so we have seen bore holes dug at all three of our partner schools. Greater Joy, Janna and Kawama now all have access to water on the school site.

Water that is not only refreshing on a hot day, but clean water that is safe for them to drink, cook with and wash in.

Life changing.

Not just for the school children and staff, but for the surrounding communities too who also have access to the water from a community tap at each school.

Community transforming.

If you helped make this happen, I raise my glass (of water) and say thank you! 


No comments:

Post a Comment