Wednesday 19 November 2014

Christmas School Shoe Appeal...

This week's blog post comes from Cathy, one of our 'Gapettes' as she explains our Christmas 2014 school shoe appeal...

This morning I tried to think of how many pairs of shoes I have back in the UK. To be honest, I lost count pretty quickly. At one point in time, I must have stood at a shoe shop counter and convinced myself that they were all necessary – but the simple truth is that many of them go unworn in the depths of my wardrobe. Why do I ‘need’ so many shoes? One task Beth and I have had over the last few months has been to go into every classroom of the three schools and identify those children who need a new uniform and/or shoes. Out of the 983 pupils currently registered at our schools, 424 need new school shoes, and when I use the word ‘need’, I don’t mean their shoes are fine, but just aren’t fashionable anymore… they just need shoes. This Christmas, Beyond Ourselves are running an appeal to buy these shoes. I wonder what would happen if everyone that reads this blog donated just 50p for every pair of shoes they own? I reckon that would go a long way to meeting the needs for the children here in Zambia.A pair of shoes is such a small sacrifice for you and I, so why not do something amazing this Christmas?

You can help our campaign by buying a pair of School Shoes by clicking here 
(You could even buy one someone else's behalf for a Christmas gift that really makes a difference!)

No comments:

Post a Comment