Thursday 8 May 2014

Alternative Gifts in Action!

May is a busy birthday month in my diary; family, friends, children of friends – which means a lot of my month is spent looking for gifts for all these people! Some people are really easy to buy for, but others I have to look that bit harder to find something. What I really love is when I find a gift that I know is something that person really needs or wants and I know they will love it!

That’s also why I love our Alternative Gifts! 

Throughout the year we distribute these gifts to families who are in desperate need.  Gifts like a brazier and charcoal that means a family can cook without being dependent on firewood, especially in the rainy season when the wood is too damp. Or a bicycle, which enables someone to travel further for work or to the market. Or a mosquito net, which will help protect a family against malaria. Or food parcels, maize farming, blankets, flip flops and school resources…

All of these gifts meet the immediate need of individuals and families while we continue to work on developing long-term sustainability.

So you can share in the joy in giving a gift that someone really wants or needs, here are a few great reactions from people who love their gifts!




If you’ve ever bought an alternative gift from us, thank you for helping to make this happen! 

Here is a link to the Alternative Gifts page on our website: http://www.beyondourselves.co.uk/donate/alternative-gifts/



No comments:

Post a Comment